Social Venture Institutes
SVI Hollyhock: Sept. 18-22, 2013. Register.
Philadelphia SVI: Click for upcoming events.
Social Venture Institutes (SVI) offer emerging leaders of socially responsible businesses and innovative nonprofits a forum in which to share their business problems and receive expert advice from leading members of Social Venture Network. SVI provides an interactive and practical way for socially conscious entrepreneurs to explore ways to succeed.
The combination of high-quality mentors, a confidential and supportive environment, and a practical problem-solving format provides participants with a rich portfolio of skills, a plan to grow their socially responsible businesses, and a network of contacts to support their journey.
Speakers and respondents, who are socially responsible entrepreneurs themselves, engage participants in business problems around four themes:
- "Business Financing: Raising Equity and Debt Capital"
- "Are You Properly Packaged? Overcoming Sales and Marketing Challenges"
- "Managing Organization Change: Human Resources"
- "Management Transitions Strategic Growth: Taking the Next Step"
Innovative tools and business methods are explored in the following sessions:
- Case studies where participants present a specific challenge and receive invaluable feedback
- Speakers share their own business pitfalls and advice on how to avoid them
- Small group business problem-solving sessions