Sustainable Business Leadership Forum
Social Venture Network has partnered with Hanson Bridgett, a leading provider of legal services to organizations engaged in sustainable business, to offer a speaker series on sustainable business leadership. All events will be held at Hanson Bridgett's San Francisco offices.
Hanson Bridgett, 425 Market Street, 26th Floor, San Francisco, California.
Leadership, Equity and Connection: Leveraging the Power of Business To Transform Lives
Poverty, mass incarceration, and high recidivism rates have plagued our society for the last 20 years. Through their innovative program at San Quentin State Prison, The Last Mile is leveraging the power of business, connection and education to break the cycle of incarceration and prepare men and women to become productive members of society when they leave prison. Join us on June 4th to hear the stories of two extraordinary leaders, Kenyatta Leal and Chris Redlitz, and learn new ways to be a force for equity and justice. Save the date!
The Last Mile
Chris Redlitzhas been on the forefront of emerging technologies since the commercialization of the web. He is the Founding Partner of Transmedia Capital, a seed stage investment fund based in San Francisco. In 2010, Chris and his wife Beverly Parenti co-founded The Last Mile program, designed to teach incarcerated men and women fundamental business skills and entrepreneurial training. The Last Mile is the most progressive prison program in the world, and it is expected to be adopted across America within the next several years.
The Last Mile
Kenyatta Leal spent nearly 19 years incarcerated within the California prison system for possession of a firearm under California’s Three Strikes Law. A high school dropout at 17, Kenyatta used his time in prison to turn his life around. In 2011 Kenyatta earned his Associate of Arts Degree from Patten University and graduated as the class Valedictorian. Kenyatta is a founding member of The Last Mile. Currently, Kenyatta is the manager of Campus Services at RocketSpace Inc. in San Francisco.
Save the date!
Questions? Email: SVN's Membership Manager, Isaac Graves at email@example.com or Michelle Klopp at MKlopp@hansonbridgett.com.
Past Sustainable Business Speaker Series Events:
- March 12, 2015: "Leading with Values: Innovation, Disruption and the Sharing Economy" with Teresa Pahl, Chip Conley and Julie Hanna
- December 4, 2014: When You Take A Stand, You Drive Customer Loyalty with Teresa Pahl, Madeleine Buckingham and Michael Kieschnick
- June 19, 2013: "Managing Hockey Stick Growth for Start-Ups" with Teresa Pahl, Neil Grimmer and Mary Waldner.
- September 20, 2012: "Impact Investing" with Teresa Pahl, Joy Anderson and Patrick Gleeson.
- May 17, 2012: "The Art and Science of Raising Capital" with Peter Strugatz, Taylor Jordan and Michael Whelchel.
- March 15, 2012: "How to Grow Your Company (and what to do once you reach scale)" with Mike Hannigan, Danny Grossman and Scott Leonard.