Careers and Fellowships
Job Openings at SVN
Events and Sponsorship Manager
Posted May 7, 2015
Social Venture Network (SVN) supports and empowers diverse, innovative leaders who leverage business to serve the greater good. We are a nonprofit membership organization of 600 mission-driven CEOs, investors, and nonprofit leaders committed to building a just and sustainable world through business. Through our events and programs, we provide unique opportunities for SVN members to expand their networks, share lessons and progress, receive advice and mentoring, and gain critical support. Our headquarters are based in the Thoreau Center for Sustainability in San Francisco. Please visit www.svn.org for more information.
SVN produces unparalleled conference and event experiences for our members and event attendees to connect professionally and personally. We are seeking a creative self-starter to assist in the planning, promotion, and coordination of SVN events and to manage SVN’s sponsorship programs. We have a small and collaborative team, united by the core values of integrity, respect, inclusion, and teamwork. The Events and Sponsorship Manager will report to the Senior Events Producer.
- Help SVN fulfill its mission by assisting in the planning and implementing of innovative, interactive events to increase organizational membership and earned revenue. These events include SVN Local Gatherings (regional networking events, approx. 10-12 per year), national conferences, and one evening gala celebration that attract and engage high-impact, mission-driven entrepreneurs.
- Produce and manage the creation of engaging event-marketing materials (invitations, program books, emails, etc.) that reflect and strengthen the SVN brand.
- Lead sponsorship implementation to promote member companies and achieve annual revenue goals.
- Oversee event registration systems and develop content for event web pages that excite and attract potential conference attendees.
- Provide on-site support at one national conference and select regional events. Some SVN events are held on weekends and during the evening.
- Liaise with high-profile speakers and sponsors, and maintain speaker and sponsor databases.
- Support recruitment, management, and mentorship of Events Fellow.
- Work experience in an innovative nonprofit focused on mission-driven business
- Opportunity to learn, develop skills, and gain exposure to leading socially responsible businesses and social entrepreneurs
- Generous benefits package, including excellent health care and dental benefits
- Fun, passionate, and supportive team
Qualifications and Skills
- College degree
- Minimum 2 years of related experience in event planning, preferably with events for 200+ attendees
- Excellent time management and communication skills (written, verbal, and proofreading skills)
- Strong project management skills, with great attention to detail and high expectations for quality
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects, with demonstrated success driving revenue
- Professional, flexible and collaborative, with a strong work ethic
- Proficient with Mac computers, knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HTML and Adobe Suite
- Knowledge of CRM systems, preferably Salesforce
- Understanding of mission-driven business and/or social enterprise a plus
SVN actively seeks to recruit people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives reflecting the full diversity of our society. Salary range: $43,000 – $47,000, depending on relevant experience. Send resume and cover letter to: SVN, P.O. Box 29221, San Francisco, CA 94129 or email to email@example.com. No phone calls please.