Careers and Fellowships
Job Openings at SVN
Finance and Operations Manager or Director
Posted January 23, 2014
SVN is seeking a collaborative self-starter to serve as our Finance and Operations Manager to oversee our finance, operations, HR, and administrative processes.
- Oversee SVN's finances and financial reports (budget, audit, AR, AP, cash flow management, etc.)
- Improve dues collection strategy and process, increase membership dues revenue, and co-manage member dues collection
- Oversee HR administration, management and support (payroll, benefits, insurance policies, resume reviews, etc.), and new hire recruitment and orientation
- Promote automatic dues renewal (monthly dues payments)
- Oversee Admin and IT systems, including our member platform and SalesForce accounts
- Manage SVN contracts and agreements (vendors, personnel, contractors, etc.)
- Provide conference support (on-site registration, fee collection, Product Expo)
- Manage fiscal sponsor and partner agreements and financial relationships
- Supervise and support Administrative Assistant
Qualifications and Skills
- 5 to10 years of directly relevant experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong project management and implementation skills
- Skilled at managing staff and coordinating a wide range of projects
- Professional, flexible and collaborative, with a committed work ethic
SVN actively seeks to recruit people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives reflecting the full diversity of our society.
Compensation: Annual salary of $50,000 to $65,000, depending on relevant experience and skills. Generous benefits package is provided. Option to work one day per week from home.
Send resume and cover letter to: SVN, P.O. Box 29221, San Francisco, CA 94129, fax to 415-561-6435 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Marketing and Communications Fellow
Posted December 18, 2014
SVN is seeking an enthusiastic self-starter for a fellowship to help with our digital marketing and communication efforts. This position is ideal for someone who is interested in:
- A career in socially responsible/sustainable business, marketing, social media, web/graphic design and fundraising.
- Gaining exposure to leaders in the socially responsible business sector
- Developing fundamental marketing and communication skills
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the fellow will contribute to social media and other online marketing efforts, strategic communications and member outreach. Depending on the interest and experience of the selected candidate, responsibilities may include:
1. Assist the Marketing Manager with day-to-day marketing activities such as:
- Leveraging SVN’s photo and video assets to generate content for SVN’s social media, website and email marketing channels.
- Generate content for SVN’s monthly e-newsletter and social media platforms
- Updating and improving the front-end of SVN’s website
- Monitoring web traffic and social engagement using a variety of analytics platforms
- Emailing and making phone calls to SVN member and partners
2. Marketing Research
- Research opportunities to expand SVN’s online presence and build relationships across communities and networks
- Discover opportunities to engage SVN’s influencers
- Report on social and web insights gained from SVN’s analytics platforms, including Google Analytics and Google AdWords
Click here for more details on major responsibilities, qualifications and application instructions.